We recently migrated a new customer to our CPanel VPS server and discovered that their Joomla website required the Graphics Draw image processing feature. This allows for the server to do a number of things with photos. In our case it was for the "image gallery" add on which automatically creates thumbnails for photos in a directory.
Enable GD by doing the following in WHM as root. (CPanel/WHM 11.38)
- Login to WHM
- go to menu option "Easy Apache" on the left.
- Begin by selecting previous config and select "start customizing"
- Leave your current Apache and PHP versions the same. Continue to page 4 "Short List Options"
- On the bottom of page 4 select "Exhaustive Options List"
- This list is big so use your find (Ctrl+F) to search the page for "GD". Once you find it select it.
You may get a warning that the add on will enable Zlib, which is fine.
- At this point go to the bottom of the page and select build profile/build config. Easy Apache will begin the build process. You can watch the status and it will let you know once it is completed.